Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Year Later...Part 2

To continue my last post, there were a few more things that took place over the last year that I felt were significant enough to mention.

October 2013 & February 2014:

I had the opportunity to do two Journey to the Heart programs in the Florida Prisons. October was the first time that I had ever been apart of Prison Ministry, however it was such an amazing experience, I was ecstatic to be invited back in February. God did so many eye opening things through those times! I was so undeserving to even meet the inmates that attended the program, let alone, be able to watch as God broke down the walls around their hearts and brought freedom to their lives. Christ is so powerful and nothing makes me happier than being able to be apart of His work. I praise God for the inmates He brought to salvation through the time we spend there. One of the highlights of the last Prison Journey was that my boyfriend and some of his family came as well! It's always such a blessing to spend time with them!



February 2014:

About a month and a half ago, God deemed it the right time to take my Grandma home to be with Him. Her funeral was held on February 24th. God was so good to work it out so that Thomas and I could join my family in traveling over to PA to be there to celebrate her life. It was an honor for me and my sisters to be asked to sing at the funeral, I know Mom-Mom was listening from heaven. :)



I don't really have a full understanding of death, which makes it that much harder to write about. All I know is that her passing has made me reevaluate how I spend the time God has given me. In my quiet time this morning, God really laid on my heart the story of the talents. (Found in Matthew 25:14-29) After reading that passage two questions came to mind: 1. What am I doing with the time He has given me? 2. What am I doing with the "talents" He has entrusted me with? My hearts desire for when I get to heaven is for God to look at me and say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant, thou hast been faithful over few things, I will make thee ruler over many things, enter thou into the joy of the Lord." (Matt 25: 23.)

I don't know how people who don't believe in God cope when their loved ones die. All I know is that there is one thing that I take peace in, during times like this..and that is hope. With God, hope never runs out. It's always in abundance with Him. Isaiah 40:30-31 "Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount on wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk [through it all] and not faint."


March 2014:

I completed my C.N.A. training and after praying and studying like a crazy person, God was gracious and allowed me to pass my state exam! :) I am now a Certified Nurse Aid. Praise the Lord, could not of done any little bit of it without Him!

In His Arms,

<3 D

No comments:

Post a Comment